Friday, May 21, 2010

Venting!!

Normally I try to keep a pretty positive attitude, but I do need to take a moment to vent about something that continues to irk me. I get the impression that people in the medical profession feel that their time is more important than everyone else's. Yesterday I made an appointment with MFM at 8:30, thinking that since I was the first one of the day, I would not have to wait long...WRONG! A half hour later, I was finally seen. Then today, I had an eye doctor appointment at 8:15, knowing I was the first one, even on the sign in sheet. I did not see the doctor until an hour and a half later. A regular checkup should not have to take 2 hours!!! I understand that as the day continues, doctors may get a little behind, but starting the first appointment of the day out late puts everyone behind for the whole day. How frustrating :(

2 comments:

  1. Susie, I know there's no excuse for this scenario, but I can tell you what happens - -as did when I worked for Dr. Alcover. The doctor is late - maybe because of "rounds" - or kids got up late, or wife didn't make coffee on time - or whatever. But you're absolutely right. First appointments SHOULD be seen on time. Tell them that you're deducting some of the charges - because you've had to change your schedule -and that caused you to lose money. It won't help - but it feels better. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to those doctors who show up late because of a sorry excuse...I would ask them how they felt if I had one of their children as students in my classroom and I accidentally showed up late while the kids were in the room. If I have to wait 45 minutes, the kids can wait too, right? Sorry, but I just don't buy it as an excuse...

    ReplyDelete