Friday, May 14, 2010

30 Weeks!

Today marks the beginning of my 30th week! Even though it does not always seem possible, I believe the belly is getting larger!




In celebration of making it 30 weeks, I was lucky enough to have TWO dr. appointments. I went to Dr. Kanios's office first to have them check the length of my cervix to see if it was thinning at all, a sign of getting closer to delivery. The ultrasound lady said it was normal for moms of multiples to have a length of 1.5 cm at this time and singletons to have around 2 cm. Mine was 4.91 cm!!! She made the comment that if I were to be having these babies naturally, I was no where close to delivering :) Good news!!

The second place we went to was MFM to have a non-stress test done on the babies. Basically, I sat in a chair while they hooked little monitors on my belly for the babies' heartbeats. Unfortunately, they can only do 2 heartbeats at a time, so I had to sit through the test double the time (30 minutes). From what I understand, they are making sure I am not having contractions that are putting too much stress on the babies. They are also looking at the heart rates in accordance with baby movement. Anytime I felt a baby move, I was to push a buzzer. Around 32 weeks, the babies' beats are supposed to increase with movement. During the 30 minutes, I did apparently have 3 contractions, but they were very small, in fact, I did not even feel them. It sounds like that is normal, but if they increase to where I can feel them and they occur more often then I am to call the doctor. As of now though, everything looks great and we will just keep laying around!!


2 comments:

  1. Susie, you look great! I still can't believe you're having THREE babies! Glad I found your blog - I love being able to see how you are doing. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was sitting through those tests. They always had to use the buzzer thing to "wake up" Baby B/Jax. I always felt horrible about it. Just seems so mean. :)

    ReplyDelete