Thursday, May 13, 2010

Glucose Test and Hemoglobin check (April 26)

Around 27-28 weeks, a glucose test is done to make sure I am processing sugar correctly and there are no problems, such as pregnancy diabetes forming. For this, they asked me to fast for 10 hours and then go to take the test. For the test, they give you a sugary liquid to drink and then after an hour, they draw your blood to see how your body reacts. Prior to having this done, I was warned by several people that the drink tasted awful; however, I did not find it too bad. Granted, it was not something I would pull out of the refrigerator if there were other options, but it was tolerable.

After the testing was complete, I had a scheduled doctor’s appointment, in which there was really no new news, which is what we like to hear. Dr. Kanios was pleased with how everything was going and from now on, would like to see me every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment