Thursday, May 13, 2010

Answers (April 30)

No wonder I have been so tired lately! The doctor’s office called today to let me know they had the results of my lab work. My glucose testing was normal, so thankfully I do not have to worry about a special diet; however, my iron levels were low. I am dutifully taking my pre-natal vitamins every night, along with 2 extra iron pills and 5 folic acid pills, but it just does not seem to be enough. Apparently, the babies are taking all of my iron, leaving me with little energy. The nurse wants me to add another iron pill, resulting in over 1,000% of my daily value of iron!! Since then, I have started to take 2 iron pills in the morning and one at night. This has dramatically helped how I feel, and I hope it is now enough iron for all four of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment