Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Addicted

Recently my aunt and some cousins have taught me the world of shopping at Rite Aid using coupons. At first, I thought they were nuts and I wasn't really sure it was something for me, but after a couple of weeks and A LOT of help, I am getting much better at finding the deals. It was taking me FOREVER at first to calculate everything, but I am learning and can definitely see the benefits in it. In fact, because I love anything to do with math, it seems like a weekly challenge to see what bargains I can get. With this being said, my main goal has been to stock up on diapers at a low cost. When we first announced we were expecting triplets, many people commented that we would not be able to afford diapers; however, between the many generous people who attended baby showers and Al's diaper party, and my coupon shopping, I am doing very well in my diaper supply, in fact, I think I have enough size 3 diapers to last (if I remember right, Jody, who thankfully counted all sizes 2, 3, and 4)... we have somewhere around 2,800 size 3 diapers!!! Thank goodness Grandma is letting us store those at her house!

Last weeks bargains included everything in the picture below:



(The retail price for one is listed behind each item)
2 Mega-packs Huggies diapers (almost equivalent of 4 packs) 17.99
2 packs Pampers baby wipes 3.69
2 bottles of Listerine 5.49
3 packs Duracell batteries 8.99
2 packs Carefree liners 1.59
1 bottle Blink eyedrops 10.49
1 Gillette razor 9.99
How much would you guess that I paid for all of this??? Before I spill my exciting purchase, the value of all of these items at full price is $104.97 (not including tax). After all of my coupons and online single check rebates, I paid a full $6.18 for EVERYTHING (not including tax again). I would say it was definitely worth it!!!
This week, I purchased the following:

2 packs Huggies diapers

2 bottles Old Spice body wash (if Al does not like these, they will be donated)

Guessing time? How much did I pay for all four items? If you guessed $1.98, you would be right!!!

Who says I can't diaper 3 babies for a reasonable price? You just have to be a smart shopper :)

3 comments:

  1. What a deal... another thing that I found out with Ethan was I used to by the little movers since is was crawling and walking... Amber suggested that I stick with the normal which are cheaper.. the diapers work just as well,we don't leak through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl. It's been suggested to me - to shop at Rite Aid - but like you - -I've got to see it myself. And then - where do you put all your bargains??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need you to teach me! I have heard all about getting these bargains, but I simply dont know how to do it! And then I think, do I need to stock pile? But if I can stock pile for 2 bucks....I'll stock pile! LOL

    ReplyDelete