Monday, June 21, 2010

35 Weeks!

DISCLAIMER: If you are offended by pregnant women's bellies, please do not scroll down! I have posted a couple of pictures with my shirt lifted because so many people seem interested in seeing it. Apparently when people see my bare belly, it looks MUCH larger than with a shirt on, so hopefully I do not make anyone sick.


Friday we hit the 35 week mark!!!

Sorry there was a delay in these pictures, but unfortunately my computer decided to die on me the other day. It was not recognizing the electrical plug, so I took it to a local computer store and sure enough the cord was bad. Needless to say, they had to order a new cord and it will not be in until Tues. or Wed. Wow! Can I say how dependent I have become on using a computer! Simple things that I would previously had looked up elsewhere, such as a phone book, I now rely on the Internet. How the world has changed!
I am so glad we made it past the weekend, without having babies. Al managed to go to his show in Hillsboro and not have to quickly drive home for the birth of his children. Friday, I went over to another 4th grade teacher's house and sat with my legs in the pool! It felt so good to sit in the sun and chat with other adults! After that, I went to Aunt Connie's house to spend some time with Andrea, Turner, and my beautiful god-daughter Kate. We went swimming in their pool and it felt wonderful! The only problem is that I think it was the reason I had some contractions later that night. I was really worried I would have to go to the hospital, but after laying down for a little bit, I ended up falling asleep and the contractions passed.

Needless to say, I think between the sun and swimming on Friday, I overdid it and was exhausted on Sat. I laid in the recliner almost all day with absolutely NO energy. Thankfully, my mom came up and was around to help do stuff. Sunday, was much better. Mom and I got up, went to church, ran some last minute errands, and had lunch. We then came back and I got a nap in before Al came home. We were fortunate enough to see Al's dad and grandparents, but we did not make it home to see mine :( Next year, Father's Day should be a lot more exciting!
Now, we are just playing the waiting game. We are very excited for whenever the babies decide to make their appearance!!


I know...the stretch marks are not so pretty! Al made a comment that even my stretch marks have stretch marks! You can also see that the babies must really prefer my right side. Even from the beginning, my belly has been quite lopsided. I guess it's the small price to pay for such miracles :) (oh, and no, it does not hurt like everyone thinks it looks like it does...my body has just adjusted and is used to carrying around the extra weight. But I do have to say, that I am excited about feeling lighter!)

If you noticed the lovely yellow bowl in the last two pictures, you can see the catastrophe that has hit our house. Unfortunately, the other day, our only bathtub/shower in the house had decided to start leaking!!! Great timing :( For the time being, until it is fixed, we are taking showers in our camper, and let me tell you...they do not make camper showers with pregnant ladies in mind! I cannot really turn around without my belly hitting either the wall or the shower curtain. Oh, the pleasures of living in an old house!

No comments:

Post a Comment