Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

How did we celebrate Independence Day this year? Well, babies woke up, they ate, the messed their diapers and got changed, took a nap, and then repeated the process 7 more times that day :) Needless to say, we did not go anywhere :( We had asked the doctor how soon we could really "go places," and she recommended not taking the babies in any kind of crowded place for a couple of months, especially since we have people coming in and out of the house to visit the babies. We were fortunate enough to be able to see some of the surrounding town's fireworks from our house, so Al and I made the long trip to our front porch with the babies and watched them from there. I do have to say that I am starting to get cabin fever pretty bad. I don't think I would have so soon, except that I have not really been doing too much outside since about April, when I stopped working. I am really looking forward to being able to take the babies out a little more than now. Al and I are thinking about making a one-night visit to my parents, who live about an hour and half away this weekend. Hopefully that works, so I can at least get out of my house for a little while!

Here are my cute firecrackers in adorable outfits from Katy and Justin:

Not sure if all babies are like this, but all three seem to have their hands by their face all the time!







Sisterly love:
Yes, Lilly still has her hospital band on because I am really paranoid that we will mix the girls up! I feel like I definitely know them apart, but since others still get them confused, it makes me question it...and I want something that is for sure. It would be much easier if one of them had a birthmark or something distinguishing, but I have not found anything permanent like that. They seem to continuously change each day, and are starting to look more and more alike with each passing day! I guess I may have to get the polish out and paint a toe on each girl...

3 comments: